While there are certain things to avoid and practical aspects to adhere to in the time leading up to ceremony, there are also things to reflect upon and contemplate…
- Why do you feel called to the frog?
- What are your intentions?
- What are you looking to release?
- What are you looking to step into?
- Do your intentions relate to the physical, emotional, mental, energetic or spiritual levels of being?
The Days Before: Eat as wholesome as possible in the days leading up to your Sapo ceremony. Diminish or eliminate fried food, over processed food and alcohol. Drink plenty of water so that your tissues are hydrated. Adding electrolytes (non-sugar) and liquid minerals to your water will help prepare your body.
- Do not attempt any sort of water or dry fast 7 days before/after Sapo.
- Do not begin any colonics, enemas, water based detox, liver flushes, or sweat lodge 3 days before/after Sapo.
- Do not take recreational drugs or drink alcohol 24-48 hours before/after Sapo.
Day Of: The day of the ceremony you will fast from food. You should not have eaten prior to ceremony. You are allowed to drink water. Bring with you at least 1 bottle of room temperature water for helping to flush with after the sapo ceremony. Prepare your intentions +:-)
- Do not eat any food 4-6 hours before Sapo.
- Do not drink coffee on the morning of your treatment.
- Try to make little to no plans for the remainder of your day after your treatment. You may need to rest and recuperate.
- Remove tight, restrictive jewellery before your Kambo treatment, due to the potential swelling of body parts.
- Wear a sleeveless shirt if possible to make application easier
During: Meditating with the breath is the best preparation for a Sapo ceremony. Breathe and invite the spirit of the medicine into you, exhale and surrender your ego, your weight, your toxicity. Breathe in and soften to the medicine, breathe out and let go.
- Do not drive if you feel weak or light headed.
- Do not operate heavy machinery, move furniture or engage in physically stressful situations within 24 hours of session.
- Re-mineralize with mineral water and or coconut water to restore vital nutrients and electrolytes.
- Hydrate! Drink 8-10+ glasses of water a day.
- Refrain from difficult to digest and or energetically dense foods for at least 24 hours (OR MORE!) such as dairy and meat.
- Do not drink alcohol or do drugs for at least 3 days after your session.
- Tune in. Take note of vibrational shifts.
- Integrate grounding techniques such as earthing.
- Be conscious with your consumption of certain foods, energies, media, people etc.
- Eat organic non-processed whole foods when possible.
- Be intentional and disciplined with your technology use.
- Develop patience with yourself and the journey.
- Give yourself some space to process your Kambo work.
- Take time for you, nature and community.
- Get good rest and be grateful for your many blessings.
- Stay out of direct sun for 24 hours.
Two days after treatment, Aloe Vera gel, Calendula or Coconut oil can be used to aid healing process and limit scaring. If possible, stay away from chemical laden “healing” products such as Neosporin.
Post session, some have a lot of energy, while others may feel a bit tired or achy for a day. Those that feel icky usually have a higher toxin load than others, so it’s important to listen to your body and address what is needed, if possible.
Since Sapo works on an emotional, mental, spiritual and physical level, some things may come up for you during and post session giving you an opportunity to look deeper into these things to process them. Sapo can be an incredible catalyst to bring more balance, wellness and goodness into your life.